Friday, October 27, 2006


Fishers of Men

I know that most people have already seen this. I first saw it ages ago myself, but I just want to put up a link to it because I LOVE it so much and want to make sure that as many people as possible can see it. It just makes me cry (almost) every time I see it. (And that says something. Trust me I'm not usually the soppy kind) It is one of the best example of the Catholic Church using new technologies/media to impart its message of truth. It also is a beautiful depiction of the Priesthood and what it really is. A priest is Alter Christi for us, in our everyday, and I love them for it!

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1289350721

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw this video the other day for the first time and I cried too. I hope that it translates into young men who wish to become priests. I think it is going to take more than a manly video to inspire them though. We need for our real life priests, to be visible by wearing the company uniform and to show their joy at being a priest. We need priests to take the leadership role in the parish. We need fewer women led communion services and more daily Masses.


If we wish to keep the priest we have now and the ones we hope to have in the future, those in power need to recognise that a large number of priests feel lonely and unappreciated and go home at night to the Internet or TV - how healthy is that? Some good Faithful psychologists should be able to come up with a model which will help our priests with their personal problems.