Monday, July 02, 2007

It’s a bit late but…

My beautiful friend Helen got married to Alex (who is also my friend but not beautiful like Helen!) in May.

It was really just beautiful. They had a Solemn Pontifical Mass with the Archbishop Denis Hart in the Classical Roman Rite and it was magnificent. They had it At Our Lady's of Victories Basillica, which is one of the most beautiful churches in Melbourne and it just set the scene perfectly.

I’m not a “Latin Masser” as it were but I really do have a strong appreciation for it and the reverence, rich symbolism and silence which is almost tangible in it. This is not a Latin Mass post but I just thought I’d mention it since it was one of the significant aspects of this particular wedding!

All up I had a ball! There were people all over the place who had come to celebrate this wedding! We’d all waited a long time for this one and I’m just so happy for them! It’s just so cool when two of your friends get married! It does make choosing where to sit a little difficult though.

Here’s some photos from the day Helen sent me

The Bride and Groom!

The view from above

The Vows

The Bride and her lovely assistants!

No comments: